• Spend 7 days and 6 nights in comfortable accommodations with private baths in Antigua and other locales in Guatemala.
• Price is per person and is based on room sharing. Single, double, triple and quadruple rooms are available. Sharing a room may be necessary and roommate requests are accepted. Single occupancy is an additional US$100; availability not guaranteed.
• Participate in a welcome ceremony or group activity.
• Volunteer for 3 days in a rural village, helping to build a bottle school.
• Hike to see farms, family homes and places of worship. You may see women making tortillas and weaving traditional fabrics.
• Visit Mayan ruins where you can participate in a spiritual ceremony, at your discretion, and learn about Mayan history and tradition.
• The trip cost covers all meals, unlimited purified water, ground transportation and a bilingual guide. The on-sight cook prepares foods using methods consistent with United States safety standards. Food allergies can be accommodated; please contact email@example.com to discuss.
• Your trip leaders are Edith Rajna.
PLEASE NOTE: Do
not book your flight for this trip until you receive our confirmation
email. Your VolunTour will be confirmed after we have reached a minimum
booking of 15 people.
You are required to purchase travel insurance from the vendor of your choice (see Serve The World Today Terms and Conditions for details).
We’ve got you covered when it comes to transfers between the airport and your hotel.
Your trip includes 2 airport transfers:*
June 20, timing based on arrival: From La Aurora International Airport (GUA) to the hotel.
June 26, timing based on departure: From the hotel to La Aurora International Airport (GUA) to the hotel.
To arrange your airport transfers, please submit flight details HERE by June 6.
*Please note: Transfers are provided only for the airport(s), dates and times listed above.
This VolunTour is offered in collaboration with, and sponsored by, Serve The World Today, LLC and Hug It Forward. Participation on this VolunTour is subject to your acceptance of Serve The World Today’s Terms and Conditions. Please see this link for cancellation, refunds and other policies, some of which are stated below.
A signed WorldVentures Foundation Volunteer Waiver will also be required for each participant in this VolunTour. Please download the waiver.
Hug It Forward is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports and empowers communities in Guatemala by building bottle schools with trash-stuffed plastic soda bottles. Visit Hug It Forward for more information.
Cancellation Policy*: If you cancel 91 days or more before the start date of your trip, you’ll get a refund of the amount you paid for the trip less a fee of US$50. If you cancel between 46 and 90 days before the start date of your trip, you’ll get a refund less a fee of US$100. If you cancel within 45 days of the start date of your trip, your trip will not be refunded. All fees are applicable on a per-person basis.
*This cancellation policy is subject to rules and regulations in applicable jurisdictions in which our travel supplier is based. Therefore, in the event of conflict between the cancellation policy displayed here and cancellation terms in supplier booking terms, the provisions of the booking terms will prevail.
Name Change Policy: Name changes must be done no later than May 14 and are subject to a US$50 name change fee. Name changes after this date are not allowed.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not book your flight for this trip until you receive our confirmation email. Your VolunTour will be confirmed after we have reached a minimum booking of 15 people.
If Serve The World Today determines that it is unsafe to go on a trip, for whatever reason, no refund will be offered. You will be given a credit and priority booking for another Guatemala bottle-school VolunTour within 12 months. You will be responsible for any flight change fees if a trip is postponed for safety reasons.
If, due to rain or other extreme conditions, it is impossible to work on a bottle-school site, the trip will go on as scheduled and you will visit a community where a bottle school has already been built. There, you will interact with children and the community.
For safety and cultural reasons, the consumption of alcohol is strongly discouraged during any portion of this trip.
Those traveling on this VolunTour should not have any serious health issues. Unfortunately, accommodations for those with disabilities are not available.
The minimum number of people required for this VolunTour to travel is 15. If fewer than 15 book this VolunTour, it will be canceled. You will be notified if your trip is going to be canceled.
When accompanied by a legal guardian, children as young as 8 years old are permitted to come on the bottle-school trip. If you would like to bring your child on a bottle-school trip, and he or she is under 10 years old, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further considerations. Accompanied minors are always welcome, and pay the full price.
At the time of booking, you will see a page with your order number and trip cost. This is your confirmation. Please bring this information with you on your trip. Another confirmation will not be sent.